On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, January 13, 2008

First day out



With all the rain we've had recently I haven't taken anyone to the dog park. Today I took Brix (who will soon be renamed Couch if he doesn't get more exercise). The first two parks we tried were still closed "due to wet conditions" but one we rarely visit, a small one near our home, was open and busy. Brix had such a wonderful time. Several of his friends were there -- Riley, Bettina, Scotty, Koby, Lovey, Hannah and others I don't know. Almost everyone claimed to be a regular, if not a daily visitor, so I guess we need to get it together and join the ranks. While the dogs romped, I drew.

Later I walked Beulie for 45 minutes so she (and I) could get some exercise. Beulie isn't allowed in dog parks because she's in training for Canine Companions for Independence and that's one of their rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails