On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Rainy jammy day


My goal today is to enjoy the rain and stay in my jammies for as long as I can. I drew another set of ornaments, practice, practice, practice.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:02 PM

    A lovely goal for a rainy (or snowy) day! Just add a cup of your favorite tea or cocoa and you are set.

    I've enjoyed your ornaments -- especially the jingle bell in the previous post.

    In response to your comment on EDM: yes, I have trouble sketching if I let too many days pass without doing it, even after 7 months of steady drawing. The hand-eye connection needs constant encouragement, I guess.

    Vicky
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/32739368@N00/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:47 AM

    Keep drawing art heals! Denise Massachusetts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! Keep drawing! Art helped me get over my depression after my Mom died. It gives you someting else to focus on and be creative at the same time. We NEED to be creative to balance the rest of our lives.

    I've enjoyed your grids and would love to see you do pieces a little bit bigger. Not a lot bigger, just a bit.

    Happy New Year, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a few months new to EDM, but I must agree with the others that have left comments. Art is a good thing in your life and the more you work at it the better you get. I find the more I do it the more I like what I see. And it is like a balm to my soul. I am not sure what I would do without it now.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate each of your comments. Bonny -- You should be pleased because I did some subsequent posts with larger drawings just for you!! Denise -- I hope art heals, I need all the healing I can get! Vicky & Barbara -- I so very much agree with you -- cold day, hot cuppa and something to draw! - Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails