On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Pills, pills, pills



I didn't have many pills to take when I began treatment for metastatic breast cancer but after the chemo drugs caused heart problems I needed lots and lots of pills to deal with that. So I tried to draw the two boxes of drugs that keep me alive every day but had trouble with the perspective. I know, it's Perspective 101 but that doesn't mean I've learned how to draw it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I have had to get two of those pill containers to keep track of the pain medications, and the other medications that I have to take to counter act the reactions my body get through taking the pain medications. I saw your rendering of your pill container and almost tried to open it thinking it was real, nice work, on sketching something that is not the most pleasant thing to draw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to the pill containers! With ADHD meds, the high blood pressure and heart irregularities that the ADHD medications cause and now the scourge of the aging woman - osteoporosis concerns - I have just "graduated?" to a "two-pack" of pill containers.

    Your "fried mandala" was a good choice for your tiring day. The two paintings so close together create an image of a "medication mandala" in my mind. I might try it!

    Thank you for sharing the ups and downs in your life through your art and writing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails