On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Celebrating the Fourth

One of the best things about small towns is their celebration of holidays. Sonoma, California does July 4th the best of them all. The annual parade is about two hours long. Family and kid oriented, there are organizations offering many services with visible home town pride.





The parade circles the town square with City Hall and rose garden in the center.




Then the picnics and gatherings begin and continue until the 9:45 pm fireworks. This is one part of the local scene I would never want to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails