On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Evolving....slowly



One of the most difficult skills to learn in my entire life has been the art of tidy housekeeping. I love order and clean homes. I've never been successful in this area and it has been a problem for many people in my world, especially my husband. He doesn't complain and he does more housework than I do but he's a neatnik himself so it must be hard.

At any rate, FlyLady.com has been of immense help to me because this woman offers routines that are easy to establish. It all begins with shining your kitchen sink. First you scrub it clean and then you take ONE MINUTE each day to keep in polished. It is such a good feeling to begin the day with a clean and shiny and sparkling sink. It is worth it. If I abandon every other habit that I'm learning to form I hope I will at least stick to the shiny sink routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails